Parking Lot Procedures
- Enter the parking lot, proceed around the corner by the kindergarten playground, and continue past the crosswalks. Drop your child off at the curb by the Hawk's Nest. Have them exit your vehicle to the sidewalk, not into the traffic. Children must go directly from the curb to the playground. We provide playground supervision and crossing guards from 7:50 until 8:05 a.m.
- If you prefer to walk your child to the playground, please use one of the crosswalks and wait for the crossing guard to walk with you. Don't cut through traffic or cross before the crossing guard signals you. By crossing small groups together rather than individuals, we are able to keep the traffic flowing better, which everyone appreciates! It's really important that parents follow the procedures in place so that children understand how important they are -- please help us keep your children safe by setting a good example.
Never drop your child off in the driving lane - make sure you have pulled up to the curb and that your child exits the vehicle to the sidewalk. Follow the loop through the parking lot -- please don't cut through parking spaces or the handicap spaces. Only use the crosswalk if you are walking with your child, and please be sure that everyone in your family who provides transportation for your children knows and understands the importance of these procedures.
- As you enter the parking lot, you may park, get out of your vehicle and pick your child up from the Hawk's Nest, using the crosswalk.
- If you do not wish to get out of your vehicle, merge into one lane as you enter the curve at the end of the parking lot, and pull up to the curb. Pull all the way up to the end of the fire lane, leaving no spaces between cars. Students will be waiting for their cars on the sidewalk at the Hawk's Nest.
- Encourage your children to pay attention and watch for your vehicle so that they can be picked up quickly.
- If your child is delayed in the building and is not in the Hawk's Nest when you are in the pickup zone, you will be asked to go around again or park to keep the traffic flow moving. No parking is allowed at the curb.
- Plan 10 to 15 minutes for end of the day pickup. Please be courteous to staff, volunteers, and other drivers. Make sure everyone is buckled up before you leave the lot.
Thank you for your help with these procedures. Our parking lot is a safer place because of your patience and cooperation.